Suggestions for How to Have a Positive Parent-Teacher Confernce
- Communicate clearly about your concerns or questions.Take a positive approach.
- Actively listen, ask questions, and offer suggestions.
- Take notes during the conference so that you can discuss relevant information with your student at home.
- Identify successes as well as struggles.
- Participate in problem-solving.
- Establish attainable, short–term goals.
GOALS that we would like to achieve by the end of our Conferences…
- Teachers and parents/guardians will have established a partnership that will support the academic success of students.
- Teachers and parents/guardians will be more aware of each student’s areas of strength and challenges.
- Teachers and parents/guardians will be better able to communicate with each other about student progress.